Whilst BiKBBI membership is available to all installers within the sector, applicants will need to demonstrate compliance against set criteria.
BiKBBI accreditation takes around 14 days to process from the point of application - download our process.
A proven track record
- A minimum of 3 years trading through reference checking
- No record of unspent bankruptcy with Companies House
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Certification & the legal bits
- Criminal record basic disclosure(1)
- Public liability insurance with a minimum of £2m indemnity
- You / Your sub-contractors Gas Safe Register™ certificate of registration(2)
- You / Your sub-contractors certificate of electrical compliance(3)
- Asbestos Awareness Certification
(1) The BiKBBI treats all criminal record disclosures in confidence and does not share submitted information with any third party. Similarly, the BiKBBI welcomes applications without prejudice. However, applicants who appear on The Violent & Sex Offenders Register (ViSOR) will automatically be rejected for BiKBBI membership. (2) For kitchen applicants only. (3) For all applicants. For English, Welsh & NI applicants, electrical credentials must be Part-P (Building Regulations 2005) compliant and registered with an approved domestic installer scheme. For Scotland, we only accept electrical details via the SELECT or NICEIC schemes.