Kitchen renovations are definitely one of the more costly rooms to makeover in your home, but there’s something that you can do that will not only save you plenty of money but be much kinder to the environment too, buy an ex display kitchen.
An ex-display kitchen is an unused and basically brand new kitchen that has previously been on display for people to have a look at. Customers are allowed to have a look inside the cabinets and appliances, but obviously they can’t cook so it’s unlikely that there would be any damage to the kitchen.
Choosing an ex-display kitchen for your home is not only a great way of saving money but it’s much friendlier to the environment too. A kitchen takes up a lot of space in landfill and we all know we should be reducing the amount of rubbish we send to the tip.
By buying an ex-display kitchen you’re extending the life of the kitchen, helping to lessen the amount of waste going to landfill, as well as less carbon being created by industries such as transport and manufacturing.
Benefits to buying an ex-display kitchen
Ex-display kitchens have plenty of benefits to them, here are the reasons you might want to consider them:
Ex-display kitchens are the eco-friendly way of updating your home. There are plenty of companies that specialise in selling ex-display kitchens and the work they do really makes a difference. By selling 1,000 ex-display kitchens 1.4 million tonnes of waste doesn’t end up in landfill. You can find lots of ex-display kitchens here.
By buying an ex-display kitchen you can now possibly afford the designer kitchen you really want. Renowned manufacturers typically come with a renowned price tag, but the majority of ex-display kitchens come at a heavily discounted price. Therefore you could snag the kitchen of your dreams with the budget of your reality.
Ex-display kitchens are designed to give customers the real wow-factor when they enter the show room, so they’re often designed in a special way to capture your attention. If you buy an ex-display kitchen you’re getting a design that’s been extra stylised.
When you buy an ex-display kitchen, more often than not you can actually go and visit the kitchen, so you can see how it looks and really visualise whether it will sit right in your home. You get to make sure that you’ll have all of the storage you’ll need as well as giving the kitchen a real test drive.
Tips for buying an ex-display kitchen
Buying an ex-display kitchen is likely to be new territory for a lot of people, and it can be a minefield when you’re first starting to look. How will you know if this kitchen will be ok for your space?
Here are some tips for when it comes to buying an ex-display kitchen:
- Have your measurements always on hand when you’re looking at ex-display kitchens, you’ll need to know exactly how much space you have to work with and this will ensure you don’t end up with something that’s too small for the space.
- Make sure you know all the costs involved when purchasing, make sure that dismantling and delivery are included in the price, or at least be aware of how much these will cost you.
- Keep a margin in your budget for costs that are unexpected, it’s likely that something will pop up that you weren’t expecting.
- Make time to go and view the kitchen before you purchase, that way you can ensure that you really love it before you take the plunge.
- It’s possible to buy a kitchen that’s a little bigger than your measurements as this will ensure that you don’t end up with any gaps in the kitchen. However don’t get anything that’s too small because you won’t be able to fill any gaps and it’ll make the kitchen look untidy and unfinished.